Generals Mountain Lodge
1207 Flohrs Church Road | Biglerville, PA 17307 | View Map
- Structure: Various
- Land: 634 Acres
- Price: Contact broker for pricing
- Status: Letter of Intent
One contiguous 634 acre parcel for which 131 acres have a special exception to Agricultural Zoning for Resort / Lodge / Spa and are currently improved with the following:
- 75% complete*
- 71,250 sq. ft. masonry lodge with 18 oversized guest rooms
- Two story + basement and attic
- Banquet style kitchen to accommodate premiere restaurant, lounge and service in two simultaneous large event rooms.
- Energy efficient, engineered concrete “Everlog” Lodge provides low maintenance cost.
*Remaining work is fully entitled and should take 5 months to complete. Building restart permits have been extended to July 22, 2018.
Main House: Single story, 5 BR / Suites, 5 BA, Full Basement, 12,000 sq. ft. Stone Residence; built 1937
Guest House: 2,500 sq. ft. completely renovated, 2 BR/1BA single story guest house; built 1939
Cottage: 665 sq. ft. completely renovated, 1 BR/1 BA Single Story Cottage
- 400 sq. ft. Woodshop
- 4,000 sq. ft. Quonset Hut (w / concrete floor)
- 6,160 sq. ft. Historic Bank - Barn (w / Artist’s Studio) dating back to early 1800s
- 50 acre Horse and Cattle Pasture with 3 Springs and a Creek, Completely Fenced in 2014
- Projected Revenues (Year 1): $6.8 million
- Large wedding and corporate / group upside (average wedding: $34,000)
- Value add opportunities include potential helicopter pads, drinking water sales, water features (swimming pool, hot tubs, etc.), full service spa, exceptional hunting (trophy deer, fowl, etc.), premiere stocked Trout Stream, archery, shooting range, drone races, hiking, extreme sports, ecotourism, archaeology, seasonal promotions & festivals (Christmas tree farms, Pumpkin patches, fall leaf watching, Halloween events, apple picking, hayrides, etc.), forestry, nurseries, livestock/petting farms, Koi ponds/healing gardens, etc.
- Property sits on an aquifer providing an interminable supply of water to property and stored in a 75,000 gallon water tank. Additional water tanks could be added for storage. Important Note: Owners have been approached by water experts who estimate the commercial value of the aquifer at a minimum of $15 million. At least 100,000 gallons can be extracted daily, with an unlimited supply available, making this a clean and viable added value opportunity.
- Multiple Springs and wells located on the property.
- Gettysburg: 15 minutes
- Harrisburg: 45 minutes
- Baltimore: 90 minutes
- Washington: 90 minutes
- Philadelphia: 3 hours
- New York: 4 hours
- Gettysburg National Military Park
- Historic Gettysburg (established 1863)
- The Links at Gettysburg: a 4.5 Star rated facility by Golf Digest and a “Must-Play” according to Golfstyles. This Championship public course has water on almost every hole, elevated tee shots to greens fronting red rock cliffs, blind doglegs and undulating greens making putting difficult even after escaping the hazards.
- Penn National Golf Course Community: 1,400 acre recreational community resting at the foothills of South Mountain. Amenities include two 4-Star Golf Digest rated courses and a driving range open to the public, plus tennis, swimming, hiking and biking trails.
- Ski Liberty (skiing and tubing) with golf at Carroll Valley Golf, an 18 hole championship course.
- Multiple recreational opportunities including wineries, orchards, lakes and festivals