Avison Young Lists La Belle Creole - Saint Martin, FWI
Former 5-star Conrad Hilton International Resort that was initially opened in 1985 but which closed permanently following a hurricane strike in 1995. Offered 162 keys in 22 separate buildings totaling 190,000 square feet. Located on Nettle Bay and featuring ocean frontage on three sides, La Belle Creole is adjacent to Les Terres Basses, the most exclusive residential neighborhood on the island. This world-renowned community includes palatial homes and is a playground for the rich and famous attracted by the exclusivity of the neighborhood.
- Opportunity- Five-Star Luxury Resort or All-Inclusive Hotel & Residential Development Site*
- Property Size: +26 acres (108,225 square meters)
- Beach/Water Frontage: 1,899 linear feet
- Comp Set: 5-star Belmond La Samanna is located on a beautiful beach in Terre Basses and is 5 minutes away. Includes 83 rooms & suites, 8 recently renovated 4,600 sq. ft. villas (w/ private pools), a spa and gourmet restaurant.
- French government understands value of tourism and embraces its redevelopment. Will allow for up to 1 million sf (62' height limit) in new development + an upscale casino (there are none on the French side). Adjacent to the property and less than 100 yards off shore, is 15-acre NoNo island. While owned by the French government, use of this property can be negotiated during the development plan approval process. Initial indications are that day-use of NoNo Island can be controlled by the hotel developer, and construction of non-perminent wood and canvas cabana-style structures will be permitted.
- Unlike other Caribbean opportunities, this project can be delivered with an immediate path to all necessary entitlements and permits, including clear title without any debt or legal obligations.
- 15 minutes from sophisticated capital of Marigot (population 12,000), is home to numerous boutiques and fine restaurants and is in sight just across Nettle Bay. Unlike many other Caribbean islands, there is no shortage of shopping, nightlife, and things to do on St. Martin.
For more information on this listing, contact:
Andrew Broad at 917.553.4267 or Andrew.Broad@avisonyoung.com
Thierry Roch at 202.644.8690 or Thierry.Roch@avisonyoung.compublished: 05-23-2017